Saturday, November 2, 2013

Back To My Roots!


Pastel drawing from: "The Red Boat Chronicle"
Pastel drawing from: "Forever Grateful" 


"Passion and purpose go hand in hand. When you discover your purpose, you will normally find it’s something you’re tremendously passionate about."~Steve Pavlina~

Back to what I really love to do! So fortunate to be enjoying an art class in Matlacha, Florida. I had several different art groups to choose from. Thinking long and hard about what place makes me feel really happy when I visit, the choice then became easy!
Fooling around with some inexpensive pastels that I had purchased for my grandchildren, I became intrigued. The control of the medium, for me, was refreshing. I wanted to learn more and what better place to learn, than an art class.
I have been blessed with an incredibly talented teacher. She is working with me on creating more depth in my work. There are about ten very creative and supportive students in the class all total.
Perspective, has always been one of my issues. I'm trying to conquer that issue and also taking away the fear of deliberate strokes. "It's only paper after all", my new mantra!
Both drawings are rendered from photographs I have taken, and featured previously on this blog. You can click on the links under the drawings to view the posts.
Matlacha, Florida is old Florida, converted into an artist community. Galleries, shops and restaurants line the main street.
Every cell in my body heightens with excitement as soon as I cross the bridge to get there. I no longer have inexpensive pastels and I am working my way up the chain. Sometimes passions don't come cheap, however, worth every penny! "It's only money after all." Working on that issue too!
Have a wonderful day!!!

Pin It!

15 comments:

Mersad said...

Amazing images. Love your style.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Both are wonderful drawings but the red boat really speaks to me!

Gail Dixon said...

You are so talented!! Glad you are revisiting your passion.

Lisa Gordon said...

What a wonderful experience you are having, Rosemary! I am so happy for you!

TexWisGirl said...

really beautiful, rosemary. nice to feel passionate about something!

Barbara said...

Your so creative, beautiful paintings and the red boat made my heart sing!

Nancy said...

You are one gifted and talented lady....I am always inspired by what you are up to next and your passion and enthusiasm for whatever you are doing at the time.....

I love these two paintings you have done and I look forward to seeing more a your class progresses.

Deanna said...

How fun for you that you have discovered what you really love to do and a fine teacher to guide you in this passion. Beautiful pastels, so much depth to them. Enjoy...life is short!!

Sharon Wagner said...

They are lovely. How fun to get back into painting again. And thanks for the blog visit!

Debbie said...

Such a wonderful feeling to be doing what one loves!! Your pieces are beautiful!!

Tricia said...

Wow, these are great, Rosemary! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
That red boat is so appealing!

Kathy Reed said...

Great work Rosemary....it's been awhile since I stopped by...busy 5 months and now I'm catching up on favorite blogs...I want to take a class now, too!
Happy Thanksgiving to you

Kkkkaty
Kathy adwellingbythesea@blogspot.com
formerly downtheeyrieroad ;)

Marilyn said...

These are both charming. The perspective on the boat seems excellent to me.

Kathy Reed said...

You are an inspiration to me....good job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...